Re: kursdok

Tirsdag 17 juli 2007 18:35, skrev Petter Reinholdtsen:
> I thought that book was already replaced.  Do we really want to
> update that version, and not its replacement?

Kind of.

An ITIL document really focus on how to make a service organisation
for maintenance, help desk, infrastructure, problem solving and
configuration management and such. This for centralised maintenance
and upkeep of Skolelinux at one or many schools.

But having ITIL documentation is not enough. Also teaching material
should be built on that. Kursdoc was made to give teachers a simple
introduction to Skolelinux locally installed at one school. There are
relatively easy, to include itil-stuff in kursdoc as is, also giving a
step stone to next level of maintenance.

The Ministry of Education and Research in Norway founded the ITIL
documentation back in 2004 and 2005. One out of four main target was:

  Norwegian educational institutions shall have an infrastructure and
  services of high quality in 2008. Teaching arenas shall have
  technical equipment and network with sufficient
  bandwidth. Development and use of computers in learning shall be
  supported by safe and cost efficient operational solutions.

The ITIL documentation is a delivery in accordance with the goal: safe
an cost efficient operational solutions. I think it's a good idea to
add itil to the teaching material.

Best regards

Knut Yrvin