Re: removable packages.

Am Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2007 13:33:29 schrieb Maximilian Wilhelm:
> Am Thursday, den 12 July hub Petter Reinholdtsen folgendes in die Tasten:
> > [Klaus Ade Johnstad]
> >
> > > On a thinclientserver, I suggest removing these packages from being
> > > installed:
> >
> > Fine with me.  I reduced them all to suggests, along with vim which I
> > group with emacs21 as an extra editor.  Btw, kdeutils seem to drag in
> > kedit, so we have kate and kedit.  Not sure if kwrite exist.
>
> Is there any useable command line editor provided if neither vim
> nor emacs are there (allthough I would not call the latter one
> useable)?
>
> I would be scared if there are only some graphical click-me editors
> around when I have to write stuff.
This was my thought too...
I think vim should be installed per default on every debian-edu system _if_
the GUI doesn't work. So I would prefer to see a Recommend on vim.  ;-)

Vim is quite small so there will not be much space loss by installing it
per default and shipping it with the dvd.

Greetings
Patrick