Re: Diskless workstations

Hello,

On Sunday 03 June 2007 12:40, vagrant@freegeek.org wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 11:45:03AM +0200, Andreas Schockenhoff wrote:
> >  option root-path "/opt/ltsp/i386";
> > insted of
> >  option root-path "10.0.2.2:/opt/ltsp/i386";
> >
> > works better for me.
>
> this is probably due to a bug in initramfs-tools, only recently fixed:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/387808
>
> also probably needs the next-server dhcpd.conf option:
>
>   next-server 10.0.2.2;
I think for skolelinux with more than one ltsp server the next-server option
should be selected near the client statement. So I can use more than one
terminalserver for the discless workstations. That helps to reduce network
traffic in great networks I think.

So I hope that is a feature not a bug. :-)

bye Andreas