Re: Fwd: Re: [Hexperides] Re: new category for menu specs of freedesktop

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 13:19:11 Ejercicios Resueltos (Grupo CPD) wrote:
> Here is Enrique Zanardi's opinion. He is a mEDUXa's team member (Debian
> dev)
>
> The word is "illiterate", but IMHO, the "little kids" category should
> contain software for immature people, not just illiterate. Programs
> like "gcompris", that may be too infantile for an adult.

Certainly, but I don't see a reason to name a whole group just by virtue of
some of its parts ("synecdoche", if I can remember correctly).

It's not just an issue with illiterate adult people, but also with special
people with some mental disabilities.

Bottom line, I don't think a menu should be named in order to match a target
audience, in the same sense there isn't any 'gamers', 'office workers'
or 'administrators' menu. So, something la "Pre literacy" (instead
of "Illiterates") should be generic enough.

PS=Thanks for the 'illiterate' hint.