Time to make the new stable release of Debian Edu?

Given that we can polish the next release of Debian Edu forever, and
that the old sarge based release is showing its age, I believe we
should finish up a new stable release soon, with the stuff that is
already working, and prepare for an updated version within three
months.  The last few weeks a lot of long term bugs has been fixed,
and the DVD is better than ever.  I suspect we should stop waiting for
the rest of the fixes and features, unless someone already fixed them
and just need to push the fix onto the DVD, and do the release with
the stuff we got ready already.

I suggest we make a new test04 test release in a few days, update the
documentation to match it the next few days, and then release test04
(possibly including more bug fixes discovered and implemented while
the documentation was written) as the next stable release of debian
edu in a month.

The status of the DVD is available from
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Etch>, and release notes
for previous test releases are available from

Petter Reinholdtsen
Debian Edu system arhictect