Re: Meeting 2006-01-08 (Very Soon)

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[Vagrant Cascadian]
i noticed the next meeting is coming up real soon (i.e. tomorrow). i
won't be able to attend, but figured i'd share some thoughts that
might be worth discussion.

You are not the only person announcing your absense at this meeting.
Are we going to be enough people to actually hold a meeting?  I do not
want to set aside an hour for a meeting if no-one show up for it.

I intend to be there.
at the moment, the agenda looks really sparse:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting

still needs a moderator, log collector and sumary writer, as well as
some things to discuss.

I added myself as the moderator.
I added myself as writer of summary
things that might be worth discussion:

i think debian-edu may experience some problems due to changes in xorg,
it certainly causes problems for ltsp, and i would suspect maybe
debian-edu workstation installs too:

http://bugs.debian.org/405726
http://bugs.debian.org/405639

Hm, yeah.  I hope it will be fixed soon.  I have not tested the CD for
a while now, but expect we are hit by it, yes.
We are. thin-client-server profile is installed without x-x-input-mouse and x-x-input-kbd
some good news is that ltspfs (local device access with
thin-clients) is now in debian/unstable. it's still probably too
late for etch, but at least that will make backporting easier. from
what i've heard, ltspfs is able to mount the remote filesystems, but
doesn't necessarily create icons on the desktop in KDE. i haven't
heard reports of using it with other desktops, such as
GNOME. further verification would be useful.
Really good news, yes.  I know Ronny has been spending some time
testing this.  I hope he have positive results to report. :)
same as vagrant saies. the filesystem work. And seams very reliable. I have commited evil acts on usb sticks and it reconnects each time.
no icons in kde tho.
i hope the meeting goes well! (though it sounds like a few other
people also won't be able to make it)

Yeah.  Perhaps those planning to attend could raise their voice, so we
know there will be some people present? :)

Friendly,
,o/

Ronny