Re: cipux: lintian warnings about non-executable scripts (was Re: meeting debian)

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 22:26, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,

> > > I think for these warnings you just have to do a small chmod +x on this
> > > files or ?
> >
> > I am not sure. This are plugins for the refine script and not to be
> > intended to be executed directly. I think Lintian hurts here more then it
> > helped.
> >
> > If I make the +x then Lintian might complain about
> > - there is no she bang line
>
> they all start with "#/bin/bash" ?!

ok, that can be removed

> > - this is an executable and it is not at the right position.
>
> right. I would also complain about this :)
>
> why don't you put them in the proper place?! :) (And this is not about
> debian's policy, but the the FHS, which sus*/ub*ntu and other also try to
> follow...

Ok, then I will think about a own syntax, so that Lintian will not recognize
this as shell code. (half joke!)

> Also I dont understand why they are in a directory called "disabled" - can
> we just remove / not install them?

No this shell parts (plugins) are for admins. If they move (or symlink) then
from one directory (disabled) to another (enabled) they will be use by
cipux_refine_homedir.

This works like apache config parts.

Better ideas?

Greetings