Re: Was: Re: Privacy, fare well. Hope we will see you again (Was: Debian Edu Extremadura work meeting june 2006)

Dear Arthur,

may I start quoting Pink Floyd:
"Us and Them
 And after all we're only ordinary men" - coming into my mind when you
uttered "we are them" ;)

(You wouldn't go as far telling that I was you, would you?)

Am Donnerstag 05 Januar 2006 04:15 schrieb Arthur:
> Whatever else, it
> seems hard to deny that  implicit in the effort is a statement
> supportive of a significant role of  technology in education. To me,
> if that statement it is to be made, it can only be made meekly,
> humbly, and tentatively.

Well, it is, of course doubtful if debian supported architectures will
have any influence in education 10 years from now. Maybe mobile cell
phones will provide all technology needed in school - or pedagogics
will be back to the woods (woolden logs), who can tell.

I assume that the motives for contributing to Debian-Edu are diverse and
manifold - maybe in parts contradicting. In this sense, it might be
wise to leave them hiddenly implicite.

Regards
- and nobody is irrelevant, I say.
Ralf