Re: cipux: (semi-)automated build, dfsg-free (and smaller)

Hi,

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 00:57, Holger Levsen wrote:
> http://developer.skolelinux.no/~holger/CipUX/make_orig_tar_and_build_debs
> is a bash script, which checks out cipux from svn (even if you don't have
> an alioth account or are not a member of the cipux project), creates a
> dfsg.orig.tar.gz and builds the cipux debs. You need to execute it in a
> etch/sid environment and the only build-depends cipux has, is debhelper.
> Enjoy! :)

Thank you. I will test it, when I have a internet connection at home.

> When run it needs the cipux version as a parameter, currently it's 3.2.11
>
> This script removes cipux-deploy from the cipux-source before it creates a
good!
> cipux_$version.dfsg1.orig.tar.gz, because a.) we dont need cipux-deploy and
> b.) cipux-deploy contains free software (vmlinux and a initrd.gz) without
> those sources, thus making it non-free (a licence violation actually, but I
> leave this to upstream to resolve...) -
Yes because of that I always say this is not ready for debian.

>  and because of this I changed the
> version in debian/changelog to 3.2.12.dfsg1-1.

But I suggest to call the new version 3.2.12  and nothing complex, because
this version is also use by cipux, and this can cause problems. And Perl by
itself can not make a comparison with that number.

I  move the deploy stuff
from this SVN to an other place. May be insert a level under trunk or move it
to a different SVN. We already had a talk on that with Xavier at #cipux

> I also modified debian/rules and control not to build cipux-deploy
> (obviously) and cipux-cat-webmin, as we don't have webmin in debian
> anymore. And I added myself to uploaders in debian/control...
ok

> As a result, the source package is now only 2.7mb, and all binary(-all)
> packages together are 632kb.

yes this is something I expected, because the source for the graphics must not
be installed.

> regards,
> 	Holger
>
> P.S.: I'd like to put make_orig_tar_and_build_debs into svn as well, but at
> the moment I don't know where.

There is a global bin directory under trunk in
which "make_cipux_task_man_pages.pl" is located. This directory will not
contain scripts which will be in the release.

This might be a good place, what do you think?

Greetings
Christian