Q1: State of Etch?

Dear list,

I need to install a Skolelinux Workstation that has very new
hardware (S-ATA onboard RAID). It didn't work with Sarge,
but I could install Kanotix.

Now these are my options:
*1. Install daily built of Etch - is there any way to use this for
production? The Tjener is an early Sarge version (PR).

2. Bind Kanotix to Tjener/LDAP. There are some descriptions
for Ubuntu - I'd rather try to avoid this step.

3. Copy an instance of Debian-Edu Sarge to my working Kanotix
installation, keeping MBR, grub and kernel directories. - Any
experience/howtos for that?

Please try to keep those three options in separate threads - so reply to
Q1 here, only ;)

Happy Halloween
Ralf