Re: Did you drop Nothern Saami from the language choice list in d-i?

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com):

> Hi.  Did you drop Nothern Saami from the language choice list in d-i?

Yes.

> We need it to be present in Debian Edu, to make sure the nothern saami
> users have a way to get their keyboard setting and locale enabled at
> install time.  If it isn't available in the default debian boot
> images, we will have to build our own custom boot images, and I would
> rather avoid that.  Is there some way we can get that language option
> back?  I know the translations are lacking, and there is little hope
> of finding active translators any time soon.  But we care most about
> the effect the language choice have on the installed system, and thus
> want that language option present even if d-i translations are
> missing.

Well, dropping languages was discussed with Frans. IIRC, I explained
the situation for Sami but it was finally decided to not make an
exception....or maybe I didn't explain very well.

Frans, what's your opinion about handling Northern Sami? The
translation is obviously incomplete and does not fit the criteria for
being included in RC1. Would you be OK for adding Northern Sami to
localechooser's list even without any translation?