Re: Skolelinux web site down due to hardware failure - being recovered

Am Mittwoch 20 September 2006 22:45 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
> We ended up loosing all the data on the disks.  This forced us to
> reinstall the machine and restore from backup.  We are currently
> working on this.

Hi there, my sympathies. I experienced exactly the same: When you have
an array of redundant inexpensive disk of the same age, it is very
likely that failures occur simultaneously (regarding the additional
disk load on recovery/degraded service).

Good to hear YOU had a backup...

Regards
Ralf