Re: Call for artwork: boot screen with progress bar

[Patrick Winnertz]
> What about an kernel with the kernel-patch-bootsplash? I looked on
> splashy but i was not satisfied with it. So i rebuild my kernel with
> this patch. Now it works just fine.

I do not believe it is a good idea for us to maintain a separate
kernel package.  That is a lot of work.  If that patch is a good idea,
it should be integrated into the default Debian kernels before
Debian-Edu use it.  And the most likely way to make that happen is to
get it into the official kernel from Linus. :)

Friendly,