Re: Core Tasks / Side Tasks

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 18:45, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> Dear Developers (both recent and would-be),
>
> some of you might be amused if a user like me starts opening side tasks
> like deleting spam schools from "Testskoler". Some even complain not to
> distract them from core tasks.
>
> After several discussions about creating "Task force teams", I withdrew
> my first idea; instead we set up a wiki page to describe tasks:
>

> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Taskshttp://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Task
>
> It is important to me to make a clear distinction between core tasks and
> side tasks: Release critical stuff should be done by those who feel
> capable to do so and those people should not felt distracted by side
> tasks. The latter should be a welcome entrance point for NEW
> contributors. Personally I plan to get deeper into PHP and Mysql, hence
> I started redesigning the schools chart and made some further maps.
> I should be pleased to find further people joining in here.
Sounds nice, just two small objections.
At first please minimize the part of bureaucracy and yes every new contributor
can directly help with development. There are no secrets :)

And if he or even she needs help, it is described how to get help and learn
about Debian-Edu Development.

Greetings
Steffen