Re: "wireless" clients

Am Mittwoch 10 Mai 2006 14:18 schrieb nigel barker:
> what I meant was the LDAP part, and the homes served from tjener.
> What does it take to get a mandriva LTSP server to behave like a
> skolelinux LTSP server?

Hi Nigel,

what I think you have to do is integrate your Mandriva LTSP via eth0 to
in the Skolelinux network (as served by Tjener) like it was an ordinary
workstation. Mainly this is to authenticate against Tjener's LDAP user
database and to mount Tjener's NFS exports. On eth1 your LTSP can serve
on to boot your mobile clients like it did before.

How do integrate an alien Distro with Skolelinux has been described for
Ubuntu and others.

http://wiki.skolelinux.de/Skolelinux/Ubuntu is based on
http://developer.skolelinux.no/~ozmund/slxubuntu.html

The wiki page has lots of warnings and additions - please don't get
shocked by few German words accross the document ;)
If you succeed write down your logs to http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu

Regards
Ralf