[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Success converting wiki page to PDF

I had a look at how to convert a wiki page to PDF, to get one step
further to moving the ITIL documentation into wiki pages.  I tested
and failed to use db2pdf from the docbook-utils package.  I tried to
change the charset from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1 as proposed elsewhere, but
had no luck.  I eventually concluded that the docbook-utils package
expect SGML, and is unable to use XML.

Next try was a search on google, looking for other alternatives for
converting from docbook to pdf.  dblatex got some nice reviews, and I
was happy to find it in debian/unstable.  A quick test later I realise
that this is the tool I have been looking for.  The generated PDF
looks great.  The front, authors and history section need more work to
get sensible content, but the rest of the document looks really nice!

An example is available from
<URL:http://folk.uio.no/pre/itil-wiki-20060507.pdf>, based on the wiki
page <URL:http://wiki.skolelinux.de/itil/>.  I documented the steps to
use to generate it using the Makefile available from

Petter Reinholdtsen

Reply to: