Re: "wireless" clients

Am Mittwoch 03 Mai 2006 11:01 schrieb nigel barker:
> I have discovered that old laptops with pcmcia NICs are not able to
> boot from a freshly installed skolelinux terminal server. They are
> using the old ltsp3 "wireless" boot floppy.

Hi Nigel, hello list,

it is the first time that I hear something that sound like a positve
answer to the question: Can I boot thin clients over wireless LAN?

Could anybody please elaborate on this issue? Is there a PXE version for
WLAN? Or some disk image project cpmparable to rom-o-matic?

Would this open new budget solutions for temporary computer labs? (how
about batteries at this occasion)?

Thanks
Regards
Ralf