Re: Diskless workstation issues

I believe there is some confusion about terminology here.  I use the
terms like this, and recommend others do the same:

Thin client
-----------

  Client booting over the net, mounting read-only file system over the
  net from its boot server, running X locally, and all user
  application on a thin client server.  This is the default LTSP
  configuration.

Diskless workstation

  Client booting over the net, mounting read-only file system over the
  net from its boot server, running X and all user applications
  locally.  No user applications are executed on the server.  This is
  not the default LTSP configuration, and is enabled using the
  ltsp-make-client script from the debian-edu-config package.  Someone
  used to call these half-thick clients, but I do not like that term.

Friendly,