Re: Sarge-based Debian-Edu/Skolelinux 2.0 Released as Stable

Hi,

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, RalfGesellensetter wrote:

> Hi Gavin, how's it goen'?

Not too bad Ralf, thanks for the reply.

> According to one of Finn-Arne's Installation Manuals, "we are almost
> there". Alas, I can't relocate this annotation to one of his changelogs.

Any idea when that was?  I would have assumed a clean upgrade was part of
the 2.0 release requirements but perhaps not.

> "Almost" is quite vague, but fuzzy2boolean logic conversions results in
> "NO".

Right.  To be honest, I'd really rather not reinstall from scratch and I
kind of hope I can work around any upgrade hickups which come along, I'd
just like to have some idea if anyone knows what I may come across.

Also, I sort of presume I'd need to use apt-cdrom and dist-upgrade rather
than an online repository as much of this couldn't be in the ordinary
debian sarge repository (or this release would have been ready a year ago).

> Maybe you find the time to try it and file a bug report ;)

I guess a bug report on the fact that upgrading is not documented.  For all
I know, the upgrade may be plain sailing.

Gavin