Re: Simplifying skolelinux.org as a showcase

Am Sonntag 12 März 2006 21:59 schrieb Knut Yrvin:
> http://developer.skolelinux.no/~knuty/skolelinux_mockup.jpg

Dear Knut and others,

thank you for the mockup. For marketing reasons, I  agree, that
marketing needs a package looking as tasty as its content.

(This is also the reason why I won't stop pleaing for KDE mockups)

From this point of view, your surface is excellent - and I can
absolutely support the idea of having another anchor to our wiki pages
which happens to be just "sexy".

As you ask for comments: Well, the colouring is alright, maybe even too
sober (I never stop telling Ubuntu guys that "bunt" in German means
"colourfull"), but I'd rather focus on the menus:

Note that there are quite a few of them: Top row (home, ...), title bar
(about, news...), Quick links. Isn't that too confusing?

On the other hand, I must agree to Jonas and others that even a showcase
needs to be updated from time to time, especially if you want to feed
it with "Latest news" (or add translations). So indeed, we must find a
way to have a professional frontpage without locking out ourselves
(i.e. keep the key).

A sudden alternative idea could be a script that builds a neat page from
SVN sources (like those gorgeous maps of schools).

I hope that this discussion could go on more constructive rather than
drawing artificial borderlines...

Regards
Ralf