6 GB in .xsession-errors !

Dear List,

these days, home0 ran out of space.
when I checked, I found that some users had .xsession-errors files in
their homes >> 1 GB. So, this was easy to fix. As I was in a hurry to
re-activate the system, I didn't check what contents where there, but

	rm ...home0/*/.xsession-errors

which took some minutes.

The biggest log belonged to a pupil of mine who does Qt3 development.
Also we sent messages to foreign displays in this course. So this could
be the source for the gigantic log file.

Italc could be anouther candidate, but less likely. Any hints for this?
Any way to avoid oversized log files (logrotate on userspace?)

Regards
Ralf