DHCP Question: Shared Backbone for LTSP/Tjener

Hello,

I need to drive some remotely located thin clients from a combiserver
(Tjener/LTSP). Those terminals are placed in a building that is
connected via fibre backbone cables. In the same room we also use
normal workstations.

This means, we have to connect both network interfaces (eth0+1) to the
same switch and trust in its routing. These thin clients will be used
by teachers during their spare time, so additional encryption (nx?)
might be advisable rather than relying on trust. This means on the
other hand that these clients usually won't start up simultaneously.

The question in mind is
1. how to make dhcp servers react only to requests from known NICs
   (MAC address in dhcpd.conf) to avoid ambiguous/random IPs
2. how to tell PXE/etherboot clients to request their IP from a specific
server? some newer protocols supposedly support sticking to a given
DHCP server.

Probably a better solution would be to install an addtional LTSP in
place - which would then also be a working station. An additional
switch and clever wire pulling could handle the task.

Thanks for your comments
Regards
Ralf