Devices /dev/cdrom etc.

Hi there,

today, I tried for the first time to playback a VCD on a Skolelinux
Sarge workstation - and eventually, I succeeded.

The biggest obsctacle was to correct the default path to cdrom drive
in .xine/config (or similair) from

/dev/cdrom to
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd or similair.

This is due to automount / udev I think. These changes are virtually
necessary to all multimedia applications, or did I miss anything? Is
this kernel dependend? Isn't there a central setting file to determine
device paths?

Just wondering
Ralf.