Re: Spanish profile translations

Monday 20. February 2006 07:32, wrote Patrice Neff:
> Hi Werner
>
> > I've tested the daily build from yesterday, and it was not english
> > templates describing the profiles. My Spanish is not existing at all,
> > but I could not recognize any english there. :)
> >
> > The rest of the debconf templates also seemed to be Spanish, so can
> > you please test once more?
>
> Very strange. I downloaded ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/cd-sarge/debian-
> edu-i386-binary-1.raw - that is the right image, isn't it?
>
> Just downloaded it again tonight and tried to install now. The
> profile descriptions are still in English. While the title is "[!!]
> Elegir el perfil de Debian-Edu", which obviously is Spanish, all the
> texts are in English (e.g. "The profiles you choose determine how the
> machine can be used...")
>
> I tested a few more languages (without knowing if those are actually
> translated) and have found the same problem for at least French,
> Portuguese and Portuguese Brazil.
>
> Does anyone have an idea why this happens? I am putting a bug as a
> BLOCKER into the bug reporting system until this is resolved.

Have seen this if there are some strings in the po file, that is not
translated, or marked as fuzzy. This is probably a precaution rule in the
application. The page would look strange, if some of the text was translated,
and some was not, in the same page.

Are you sure you have translated all the strings, and are anyone of the
strings marked fuzzy ?

--
-Frode

There is a multi-legged creature crawling on your shoulder.
		-- Spock, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.9