Re: Changes on debian-edu-config

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 04:47:00PM +0100, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
> I believe we need to use our own bugzilla, and we need to have a manual
> forward of bugs from our bugzilla to the Debian BTS

I agree

> I believe most of our users will be scared back to wintendo if they get
> the feedback from the Debian Maintainers. And they will be asked
> questions they are in no way of capable of answering, and most bugs will
> be written of as "problem exist between Keyboard and Computer(?)"

Hehe, "problem exist between Keyboard and Chair" PEBKAC. Good point
about the users though. I mean are the users experienced admins or a
teacher "wearing an admin hat"?

The problem of "users will be scared back to wintendo" is a serious one,
especially when the teacher "wearing an admin hat" can just call the
local h/w gurus for wintendo problems, whereas for Linux problems, (s)he
may need to deal with a BTS.

The local school used to run Linux but had printing + isp problems so
reverted (back?) to wintendo :-(

--
Chris.
======