Re: Changes on debian-edu-config

[Jonas Smedegaard]
>> Furthemore, the policy told me that missing man
>> pages are considered as a bug, so a new bug has been filed in
>> bugs.sk.no  (#1030)
>
> Please file such bug in the Debian BTS rather than the Skolelinux one.

Good idea.  If the package and the bug is in Debian, we should file a
bug in BTS (we could have one in bugzilla as well, to keep track of
it, but I prefer to tag the BTS bugs 'debian-edu' instead.)

> This may not be obvious, so here is my understanding on best approach:
>
>  * Use Debian BTS for packages in Debian maintained by debian-edu
>  * Use Debian BTS for packages in Debian used as-is in Skolelinux

Yes.

>  * Use Debian BTS for packages in Debian rebuild in Skolelinux, if the
>    Debian package maintainer welcomes such bug reports.
>  * Use Skolelinux BTS for packages in Debian but rebuild for Skolelinux
>    if the package maintainer is not explicitly interested in them

I believe the criteria should be if the bug is present in the debian
package or not, as it really is completely irrelevant if the
maintainer welcome bug reports or not.  So for debian packages with
skolelinux-specific modifications, we need to check if the debian
package also got the bug before we make a BTS bug report on the issue.

>  * Use Skolelinux BTS for packages only in Debian.

Yes. :)

> Perhaps using launchtool or daemon (see the Debian packages of the
> same names) would help solve this?
>
> No, I am not volunteering to do this myself.

Ah, daemon seem to work like the 'detach' package we have here at the
university.  And launchtool seem to be able to do part of the job the
open-backdoor script is doing.  Both are good candidates for fixing
this problem.  Thank you very much for the tip. :)