Re: Netbooting installation of debian-edu

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Finn-Arne Johansen]
>
>>I've played around a bit with net install of debian-edu. Someone tried
>>The trouble is:
>>-autopartkit fails if used this way. Not sure why, the error message
>> doesn't make sence
>

> I'm surprised you got this far.  I thought the net install was unable
> to find the udeb_include and base_include files included on the CD to
> trigger the debian-edu installation flavour.

well, you get a choice to download som installation modules, and there I
choose to fetch the Debian-edu*udebs and autopartkit. After that you get
the menu again, ready for partitioning, and you have the choice of
choosing "Select debian-edu profile" or something.

>>-during second stage of the installation, debian-edu expects to find
>>the packages on the local CD, not of the net
>
> This is a question of preseeding.  We preseed base-config/apt-setup to
> use a CD, and need to make this more flexible.

nope, there is a debian-edu-jump-to apt-cdrom or something, that needs
to be rewritten.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/