Re: no more "one CD fits all" ...and then?

El Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 10:16:57AM +0200, RalfGesellensetter va escriure:
> Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2005 07:54 schrieb Sergio Talens-Oliag:
> >   The idea is that the installation is done first on the server and
> > the rest of installations are done from the network, using a copy of
> > the installer and the packages that live on the server.
>
> Hi Sergio,
>
> this was exactly the idea of Geert Stappers who started its
> implementation during our last learning and working weekend at
> guetersloh (skolelinux.de testcenter).
>
> until I find the time to report any further on this in a separate
> thread, I shall point to his documentation in our wiki:
>
> http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/ArbeitsTreffen0507/DebianEduNetworkInstall

  Good to know, that document can use the current debian-installer
  documentation:

    http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch04s06.html

  The only missing thing is the netboot initrd (I suppose that it's easy to
  generate and include it on the standard skolelinux CD) and a script to copy
  the package archive (or use something like apt-proxy, but seeding it with
  the CD packages initially).

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69