Re: Some notes on the next generation LTSP (getting LTSP into Debian/main)

> > I can spend some time on it, and would welcome others to help as
> > well.
>
> I've started patching.  The current patch is available from
> <URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/~pere/debian/ltsp_0.37-0.0.pere.1.diff.gz>
> along with the test packages.  This is the current changelog.

are these packages/sources 'apt-get'-able?

i grabbed them and took a look at it.  very cool.

at first look, i think there is a lot of potential for lessdisks and
ltsp to share code, now that folks are exploring building an LTSP chroot
with standard debian/ubuntu packages, like lessdisks has been doing for
the past 4-5 years.

particularly with the installer...

looking at the ltsp-build-client script was a refreshing look at how
simple this all could be.  lessdisks's installer has gotten considerably
complex over the years, to numerous fancy features(debconf pre-seeding,
progress bars, multiple chroots and others).

but lately lessdisks's installer feels klunky and somewhat
unmaintainable, and could probably use a heavy re-write, i think.
looking at a simple script like ltsp-build-client was kind of inspiring
:)

it seems like we could use a common installer for chroot environments
that could work for lessdisks, LTSP, FAI, etc...

is there a publicly accessible version-control system somewhere for the
above-mentioned LTSP packages?

live well,
  vagrant