Re: Some notes on the next generation LTSP (getting LTSP into Debian/main)

[Vagrant Cascadian]
> at first look, i think there is a lot of potential for lessdisks and
> ltsp to share code, now that folks are exploring building an LTSP chroot
> with standard debian/ubuntu packages, like lessdisks has been doing for
> the past 4-5 years.

I agree.  I've already identified kernel issues (read only nfs root
with writable ramfs) and X configuration (I've asked one of the the
x.org maintainer to add boot time reconfiguration support there), as
well as xdm configuration (ssh tunnel, I guess).

I hope to find and sit down with Jonas to discuss sharing code while
I'm here at debconf5, but we seem to be mostly out of sync.

> is there a publicly accessible version-control system somewhere for
> the above-mentioned LTSP packages?

Yes.  Matt told me the location of his bazaar repository
(http://people.ubuntu.com/~mdz/archives/matt.zimmerman@canonical.com/
project name ltsp--main--0).

I'm new to bazaar, so do not ask me how to use it.  I used the howto
at <URL:http://bazaar.canonical.com/doc/LocallyBranchingAProject.html>
as well as personal support from to get the source out. :)