Advise for new default configuration

Hi list,

A while ago we had a discussion here about default cfengine configuration. I'm currently trying to implement something so that newly installed workstations automatically get a running cfservd that can be controlled from tjener.

It would be possible to just add this by default. But it might be a security risk if it's just activated on every workstation in every debian-edu network. So I thought that I'd only install it if cfengine.intern is defined in the DNS. Then I realized that this domain is already added by default. Now my question to other debian- edu developers: which of the following options do you like best?

  - Proceed with my idea (and change the domain name used for testing
    to cfservd.intern for example)
  - Opt-out solution so that manually removing the cfengine.intern does
    not install this configuration on new workstations
  - Just run cfservd on every workstation
  - Stop with this idea and do nothing at all
  - Insert your idea here. :-)

Thank you for any feedback
Patrice Neff