Re: Problems with pr06 of Sarge-based debian-edu

tirsdag 13 desember 2005, 14:53, skrev Jonas Smedegaard:
> Please file a bugreport against initrd-netboot-tools.
>
> I am the maintainer of that package, but discussing the details makes
> better sense through the BTS than here due to other clever folks
> subscribing there too.

I worte this bug-report after reading the «How to report a bug in Debian». I
believe Finn-Arne should submit this:

To: submit@bugs.debian.org
From: Finn-Arne Johansen <faj@bzz.no>
Subject: New LTSP don't accept more than on client

Package: initrd-netboot-tools from etch
Version: 0.7.0b-2:

Finn-Arne Johansen reports (2005-12-13):

While we have tested the new LTSP a lot on different thin clients,
there was one important test that we had not done yet. And that one
was big-scale testing. What we found out yesterday, is that there is
some kind of locking problem. What happens is when you boot more than
1 client at once, all but 1 clients are experiencing NFS-timeouts.

Also, if you have some clients already booted, and ready to use, log
in on one ore more of them, then boot a new clients, you will
experience that your clients are locked while the last client is
booting.

It looks like initrd-netboot-tools from etch has some problems. If I use
initrd-netboot-tools from sarge, my little test-network here which
consists of an old workstation as server, and 2 thin clients booting
PXE, behaves much better.

so here is my preliminary advise for those who want to use pr06 and the
new ltsp:

 echo "deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib" >> \
        /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt/sources.list
 mount -t proc proc /opt/ltsp/i386/proc
 chroot /opt/ltsp/i386/ apt-get update
 chroot /opt/ltsp/i386/ apt-get install \
        initrd-netboot-tools=0.5.3cvs.20040906-16
 chroot /opt/ltsp/i386/ dpkg-reconfigure kernel-image-2.4.27-2-386
 ln -sf /opt/ltsp/i386/boot/vmlinuz /opt/ltsp/boot/initrd.img \
        /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp

We were testing Skolelinux pr06 based on Debian sarge with
initrd-netboot-tools from etch

http://d.skolelinux.no/info/cdbygging/news.html