LTSP-related addons

During the last LTSP developer conference we had two very interesting
presentations of useful software for LTSP.

Ivan Krestic from Kroatia explained how he has used openSSI to build a
cluster of LTSP servers at the Childrens Hospital in Zagreb. His
experience using openSSI to create a scalable LTSP system is very good.
You can see his slides at
http://hcs.harvard.edu/~krstic/11-2005-clustering-ltsp.pdf

Gideon Romm gave a demonstration of his Symbiont Workstation Manager
which is a Webmin-based frontend for managing LTSP. His project is
hosted on Sourceforge, see http://sourceforge.net/projects/symbiont
and more detail on the commercial site http://www.thesymbiont.com/
There are no translations of this software, but I'm sure Gideon would
welcome some.

It would be useful if some of the Debian Edu installations could try out
 one or both of these solutions and give feedback. If useful perhaps
they could somehow be incorporated into Debian Edu.

--
Med vennlig hilsen
Ragnar Wisløff