"What Business Can Learn From Open Source"

I found this on slashdot.  Very good essay based on a talk from Oscon
2005, <URL:http://www.paulgraham.com/opensource.html>.

  [...]

  I think the most important of the new principles business has to
  learn is that people work a lot harder on stuff they like. Well,
  that's news to no one. So how can I claim business has to learn it?
  When I say business doesn't know this, I mean the structure of
  business doesn't reflect it.

  Business still reflects an older model, exemplified by the French
  word for working: travailler. It has an English cousin, travail, and
  what it means is torture. [2]

  [...]

It go far in explaining why free software work as well as it does.