PowerPC-based Debian-edu

Last fall I got a PegasosII powerpc machine from Freescale to play with.
The deal was that I should try to make this usable as a Skolelinux
Server, and maybe also as a Thin client. I've kind of achieved both, and
the result is availible as an installation CD from one of the following:
http://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux-cd/debian-edu_sarge-powerpc_beta.iso
ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux-cd/debian-edu_sarge-powerpc_beta.iso
rsync ftp.skolelinux.no::skolelinux-cd/debian-edu_sarge-powerpc_beta.iso

There is one bug that causes problem, autopartkit fails if there is 2
VolumeGroups on powerpc (vg_system and vg_data). to help out, please
look at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=317596

The difference between Debian-edu of i386 and powerpc is the following:
-No java on the CD (to my knowledge neither java from sun nor
 flashplayer from macromedia is supported on LInux on PowerPC). I know
 there is free alternatives, that even works, but they dont work with
 the sites the schools want to use.
-It uses lessdisks as a thin client setup instead of LTSP. I've heard
 roumors about some LTSP powerpc packages, but I knew that it was pretty
 straight forward to set it up using lessdisks.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/