Re: Install via PXE?

Am Sonntag, 19. Juni 2005 13:31 schrieb Geert Stappers:
> It is being brewing in my mind for all looonnng time.

Hi there, I consider your brewery delivers different solutions - but
this looks like an answer to me:

(although this is done with grub for windows here):

Provided you have some local linux (pxe-boot from knoppix) you can
create some boot partition and install grub like this:

download vmlinuz and initrd.gz from
http://ftp.debian.org/dists/unstable/main/installer-i386/current/images/hd-media/,
and when grub boots type this at prompt:

 grub>kernel (hd0,0)/vmlinuz root=/dev/ram ramdisk_size=8192
devfs=mount,dall

 grub>initrd (hd0,0)/initrd.gz

 grub>boot

Something like this...