Report from the developer gathering in Bergen. [Was: Some changes to how FRISK distributes its money]

Tuesday 14. June 2005 14:06, wrote Frode Jemtland:
> The first form we tried out for this weekend, for the next weeken we will
> try'em both out. So we are not forcing anyone to write a report over what
> you have done, but of course if you have the opportunity it would be great.

And to live up to that, here are my report for the gathering:
----
Report on what I have accomplished during the developer gathering in Bergen.

I was starting out with improving the whineatnews.pl script that sends
messages to evryone about "Your Bugzilla buglist needs attention."

As you all noticed you got a couple of those mail on Friday :| sorry, wrong
script the first time, and the next was for each beer I had taken that
evening... Lucky for you I had only taken two... ;) Now the script includes
the heading of the bugs. And the general text in the script is moved out of
the mail. I'll look into getting it even shorter.

So for Saturday I started on the top of the list send to the list, managed to
close some bugs, before the board meeting that lasted for 3 hours. (!?!?!)

I then went to a new short meeting about Plone -> eZ convertion for the
website.

And finaly I got some minutes closing some more bugs.... Then we went for
dinner, and a nice tour between some of the pubs and clubs of Bergen ;)

On sunday, I had a slow start, but after attending the meeting between
Edubuntu and debian-edu, and listening to Marks talk about the trip to ISS, I
got to fix some more bugs. Bug 338 took Halvor (?) and me a long time, even
though the fix was easy, I at least haddent work with docbook before..

After this I helped cleaning up after us, and left for the train.

Once again, great gathering.... I wished it only had lasted longer. Then the
meeting impact of the gathering haddent been that great.

All in all I closed theese bugs with the help from Halvor, Mari, Werner and
Petter: 123, 338, 428, 509, 922. + adding comments to a couple of others.

But we really need more help on cleaning out old bugs in the Bugzilla, so if
you are wondering where to help, go over to http://bugs.skolelinux.no and
create a account. And start searching for bugs you can do something about. If
it's only to test if this old bug still is a problem with the sarge-pr03
version, that would be of great help to us....

The next gathering is decentralized, and I have already ordered tickets for
Spain for that period (Maybe we could be a group located near Torox ;) Well,
my wife wouldn't like it if I asked for that during our vacation, so I'll
skip it :))  So I'm looking forward to see you the next gathering after
Kongsvinger.

--
-Frode

Truth is hard to find and harder to obscure.

Petition for "World of Warcraft" on Linux: http://www.blizzpub.net/petition/