Some changes to how FRISK distributes its money

Hi

We in the board of FRISK (Free software in schools) had a meeting about how we
bether can verify that the money used on developer gatherings, are used to
give work back to the project.

We are in the situation that SDL, that are our main income source, have given
us signals that we have to decrease the money flow. We have to find ways to
make sure that we are getting work back for every NOK used.

So the board have come up with a couple of moves to be more sure about the
usage.

-The first thing, is that we have created a php form on the net to handle
attendance to the gatherings. This form has a field named "What am I going to
work on." It's important that people fill out this field as specific as
possible. Then the attendees are already starting to think about what to
solve.

-Next we will create a new php form that is a report about what you
accomplished during the gathering. This form has to filled out not later than
3 weeks after the gathering, if you want to get a refund on the travel
expences. There is of course no problem to solve/work on other problems than
the one you told in the first form, but with this solutions, everyone knows
that we have to answer to the project for the money we uses.....

The first form we tried out for this weekend, for the next weeken we will
try'em both out. So we are not forcing anyone to write a report over what you
have done, but of course if you have the opportunity it would be great.

This is to make sure freeriders are not getting a free pass. I hope you all
have understandings for what we are doing here. And also sees the benefitt of
getting more transparent/feedback from gatherings.

As a side note, we will also start to have a more dynamic max refund price on
the gatherings, and start using them more. The max price will be calculated
for the distance where the most people are traveling, and we will emphasis
the use of cheepest travel. So if people "want" to order ticket late (or
drive their own car), we have the possibility to say sorry. We are not sure
how we are going to do this, but we will try it out on the next gathering.

--
-Frode

Force has no place where there is need of skill.
		-- Herodotus

Petition for "World of Warcraft" on Linux: http://www.blizzpub.net/petition/