Re: persisting ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 05:55:53PM +0200, Maximilian Wilhelm wrote:
> Am Montag, den 23. Mai hub Geert Stappers folgendes in die Tasten:
>
> Hi!
>
> > ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

  [ where to search further ??? ]

> Try to add a -ZZ and ensure the ldap is used as hostname,
> to allow usage of SSL.

$ ldapsearch -xw foo -h tw89 -D
cn=admin,ou=people,dc=gst,dc=stappers,dc=nl -b dc=gst,dc=stappers,dc=nl
| grep userPassword
userPassword:: e2NyeXB0fSQxJDFSZU5INDNXJHczby9tUktUOTNFeWZwanlleWhZMDE=
userPassword:: e1NNRDV9WlhoM1plRWF1SnhjTEczUUd2V0lRZVpvMlpVPQ==
stappers@tw89:~
$ ldapsearch -ZZxw foo -h tw89 -D
cn=admin,ou=people,dc=gst,dc=stappers,dc=nl -b dc=gst,dc=stappers,dc=nl
| grep userPassword
ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)
        additional info: error:14090086:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
stappers@tw89:~

> As far as I know SSL is force for authenticating.

That did bring my attention to the SSL side of the problem^Wchallange.

I did s/ssf=128// at the access control in slapd.conf,
and now I passed the
 ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
:-)

So I'm not stuck any more.  Okay, thanks

I have to dive into the SSL stuff.

TNX
Geert Stappers