Re: version control system check out

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 06:40:25PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Geert Stappers]
> > Say I'm interrested in contributing in debian-edu
> > and I'm looking for the version control system.
>
> There are two repositories.  One svn repository on alioth, with the
> packages we have uploaded into debian.

And what will the svn checkout command look like?

> And another cvs repository on
> cvs.skolelinux.no, with the other stuff.

And is there a rule about what goes in which repository?

(please indicate where lines are deleted)

| http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/debian-edu/src/?cvsroot=debian-edu

> > Has some one in this mailinglist to power to delete that _empty tree_ in
> > the CVS repository?
> > If yes: What are you waiting for?
> > If no: Any proposals how people after me can avoid that time trap?
>
> Use 'cvs up -P' to prune empty directories in your copy.  CVS do not
> handle removal of directories.

It was viewCVS that I used.
My request, the reason why I make noise is the time trap.
Please avoid that people waste time on the abandoned CVS repository.

> As for the web page status.  I have not paid attention to the web
> pages for a long time, and have no advice to give. :)
>
> The old wiki is as far as I know obsolete and not used at all.
>
> Someone need to work on the web pages, to make them better and remove
> obsolete and duplicate pages.

"Someone" will need information about _what_ to put on the webpages.

Cheers
Geert Stappers