Question: what's wrong with KDE? (Re: 1 year report)

søndag 24. april 2005, 12:16, skrev Finn-Arne Johansen:

> Hmm, does that mean that your contract now is ended ?
>
> If so I hope you still will be able to help out a bit. As you may know,
> I've been working a bit with getting support for 2.6 kernel and gnome
> into Debian-edu. I guess 2.4 and KDE will still be the default choice
> when installing Skolelinux, but I also know there is many out there that
> won't use Skolelinux because of KDE.
This rumor is something I've heard before but never been able to understand.

Would you be kind enough to enlighten me with regard to what the problems
using KDE are (to extent of rejecting the use of debian-edu/Skolelinux)?

And while I'm at it; what is the alternative for these folks? Windows or
another GNU/Linux like K12LTSP?
[snip]

> --
> Finn-Arne Johansen
> faj@bzz.no
> http://bzz.no/

For the reccord; I'm not saying there's anything wrong using Gnome, only
asking what's wrong with KDE.

--
Gjermund Skogstad
(http://www.linuxfolk.net)