Re: slapd.conf/ACLs for woody's slapd

tor, 21,.04.2005 kl. 15.45 +0200, skrev Frank Weißer:
> <zitiere wer="Frank Weißer">

> ...and still waiting ;-)
> So im able to modify accounts, but not to create new one's. But i _can_ create
> new groups (classes/courses)!?! Tumbling the dices for a new password, i had
> to face, that the password _only_ gets changed for the bright side of
> life:linux! The samba-accounts keep the _old_ password!
>
> With a little work i got back to wlus 1.3-20 and will try again with your next
> attempt ;-)

Stepped right in it!
One workaround I managed is to create the users on a slightly older
server-install and dump that to a file, then pump that file into the
newer ldap base.

As in:
Create users on old server, then
/etc/init.d/slapd stop
/etc/init.d/nscd stop
slapcat -l users.ldif
/etc/init.d/slapd start
/etc/init.d/nscd start

move that users.ldif to new server and

/etc/init.d/slapd stop
/etc/init.d/nscd stop
slapadd -cv -l users.ldif      (see man slapadd for switches)
/etc/init.d/slapd start
/etc/init.d/nscd start

And a hint: Troubles with newer slapd packages (as in sarge and sid) are
even worse! Do not upgrade before these troubles are solved.

Harald