Problems with developer. Slow downloads. (Was "Downloading - Sourceforge.net")

GOOZ wrote:
Hi Alex,

Just now I am doing an evaluation of Skolelinux. In order to do that I am downloading the ISO from: ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/cd-woody-test/debian-edu_woody-i386-1.0r1+di_rc2.iso

This ftp site is very slow with 22 kB/s, while I have a 5 Mb/s connection. I could not find any mirrors for a quicker download on your website.

The FTP-server has a 1 Gbps-uplink as far as I know (at least 100 Mbps), so obviously something is wrong. It seems the MRTG-graphs can confirm this:

http://developer.skolelinux.no/mrtg/

Why does Skolelinux not use the SF.net for the distribution of the ISO files?

Or an university server?

We are -- at the University of Oslo.

Now I have to wait for 9 hours to download your ISO file.

Thanks to a very positive review (OpenMagazine.nl) I want to evaluate Skolelinux. I seems to be a very interesting product!

Interesting. Could you please mail Bart [1] and inform him about that review? :) He is responsible for the dutch version of skolelinux.org

~

[1] http://www.skolelinux.org/nl/contact/