Re: A clearest OS

Am Sonntag, 6. Februar 2005 22:50 schrieb Pierre H:
> So for I suggest to reproduce such a function, but
> more developped. It mean that the Debian geek could
> show exactly what his OS is doing, and have keybord
> shortcut to see whith different detail level what does
> his OS.

Salut Piere ;)

thank you for sharing your ideas. Debian-Edu aka Skolelinux just does
what you suggest during its automagical installation: As opposed to
plain debian, the person who needs to set up any component necessary at
schools (say some main server with nfs, samba and ldap user base, say a
thin client server based on ltsp, say a pupil's workstation) is only
asked three or four questions!

(Read more at http://www.skolelinux.org/fr on this)

Another idea I had before - and maybe this is what you really meant - is
to have something like two different locales for each language: one
plain (for dummies, say fr or en) and one talkative for experts (say
fr_ex or en_ex). However, I don't consider its achievement very
realistic.

Regards
Ralf