Student assignments (development) outside Norway?

In Norway, Skolelinux has had several student groups
doing development projects for Skolelinux as their
main (final) assignment since the spring semester of
2002.

 Some of these projects have become vital core parts
of Skolelinux and debian-edu.  xdebconfigurator is
one of them.  Student groups contribute a significant
portion of the solutions Skolelinux depend on.

 Are there similar assignments for Debian-edu or
other education-oriented Linux projects outside
Norway?

 I am the external contact for such an assignment
(just started, no web page yet) and we decided that
all documentation, including the project report,
shall be written in English.

--
 Herman Robak