Re: Weekly report week 1, plans for week 2
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Weekly report week 1, plans for week 2
- From: email@example.com (Andreas Schuldei)
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:56:32 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20050110195632.GA14362@schuldei.org>
- In-reply-to: <20041221093648.GA9572@schuldei.org>
- References: <20041018151727.GA24629@schuldei.org> <20041025234258.GA20210@schuldei.org> <20041031234954.GA18900@schuldei.org> <20041107230324.GA2669@schuldei.org> <20041115203739.GA25402@schuldei.org> <20041122122033.GA14479@schuldei.org> <20041129141913.GA5981@schuldei.org> <20041207215941.GA18047@schuldei.org> <20041213232054.GA11066@schuldei.org> <20041221093648.GA9572@schuldei.org>
On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 10:36:48AM +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> i started on this, but the size of this task is a bit scary: it
> includes splitting up a 480kbyte python file in two.
this is what i spend most of my week with: I learned it would be
best to fork the feidegvs command set and that i would need to
create a new Constants.py file, describing our setup in detail.
(this might be ok for debian-edu is not optimal for a generic
debian package.) Creating a proper Constants.py file in turn
requires a good understanding of cerebrum. furthermore i
researched some java issues of jbofh.
During the time i waited for input on the above, i worked a bit
on the wlus test infrastructure and the afs problems (which got
solved by hartmans mostly).
furthermore i spend some time to get funding for kerberos
bindings for python (now i look for a coder wanting to do the
job) and debconf5 organizing.
next week (2) i will
- create and estimate of how much time i spend on cerebrum
- create a Constants.py file for cerebrum
- work on the jbofh_cmds.py for cerebrum
- fill time gaps with work on the wlus testing framework
- debconf5 sponsorship
> Further future goals are to
> - shrink the import script in size (some more redundancy to
> - work on the wlus testframework, so that work on wlus can be
> picked up again in a controlled way
> - write a cerebrum backend for wlus
> - switch wlus to that cerebrum backend
> - compile jbofh into binaries, eliminating some dependencies
> - attempt again to build the cerebrum documentation