Re: dual boot installering av slx

Hi there,

based on your posting I updated
https://www.skolelinux.org/de/documentation/howtos/dualboot/

It was sometimes a bit tricky to find the diff's (yes I should have used
diff :) - so maybe you could check if these addings are all:

Am Freitag, 7. Januar 2005 21:02 schrieb Keld Jørn Simonsen:

<ADDED>
>   In case you are not sent to cfdisk, or it fails, here is what to
> do: create a directory /target, which is where the debian-installer
> installs all the programs, in other words, this is the root for the
> installation. mkdir /target
>      Create and mount all the file systems that you want to use for
> the installation of Skolelinux. In my case I only wanted to have ones
> partition for this on the laptop, namely /dev/hda5. This name does
> not exists at this point in the installation, instead it is named
> /dev/discs/disc0/part5 . Please note that the target root partition
> needs to be formatted as ext2 - not ext3, which will be changed later
> on in the installation process. So, formatting and mounting:
>           mkfs.ext2 /dev/discs/disc0/part5
>           mount -t ext2 /dev/discs/disc0/part5 /target
>      If you have other file systems, then do likewise for these and
> mount them the proper place in the /target tree.
>   With this done you can skip the next point (Configure and mount) on
> the menu.
</ADDED>
> Configure and Mount
> Select Kernel
>   Since you are doing things manually, you need to create your
> /etc/fstab on the target
>   Switch to the second console again (Alt+F2)
>   then I did:
>     echo "/dev/hda5 / ext2 defaults 0 1
+>    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
>     none /tmp  tmpfs defaults 0 0
!>    /dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 noauto,users,ro 0 0" > /target/etc/fstab

!REM: here you didn't append but recreate fstab - isn't this a bit
dangerous in case of additional mount points? By appendung (>>) as
originally suggested, the tmpfs partition which you added could already
be there, couldn't it?

Thanks.
Ralf