Re: Fwd: Sarge - Installation stops at sd_mod

> >>It would be nice to have a linux26 option on the sarge CD, but
> >> I left it out before because adding the kernel package plus
> >> udebs would consume more CD space and space was tight. This
> >> decision should probably be revisited.
> >
> > That is my last hope ;-)
> > I checked the daily build from 4 Jan. 2005. The installation
> > went smooth until the installer complained about the missing
> > modules for the 2.6 kernel. When  I ignored that, a missing lvm
> > module was the problem.
> > Is that going to be fixed?
>
> Which Image was this, and from were did you fetch this.
>
> The reason for askin is that there is 2 different images for
> Sarge-based debian-edu, and I think none of them have a 2.6
> kernel (unless Joey changed something...).
>
> If you used a standard debian-installer image, I guess at least
> Joey wants to know which image failed.

I used the image ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/cd-sarge/sarge-i386-1.raw
an booted with linux26 and the hardwaredetection was fine (in
contrast to the 2.4 kernel).

> Are you able to save the logs to a floppy ?

I could try this when I'm back in school (tomorrow). Are you
interested in /var/log/* or the screen-messages (if there is any
difference)? What shall I do with the logs (PM, debian-edu,
bug-report, ...)?

Georg