Re: Linex Backports for KdeEdu (Sources)

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:

> (...) Spanish-English language barrier.  You should talk to these people
> and probably share a backport archive.

As a witness (not a developer) on both sides of the barrier, I
would have to clarify that the development of both Linex (CL) and
Guadalinex (Edu 2 and 2004) distributions are now based on Sarge
(well, in the second case under the umbrella concept of Sleeping-Sid).
I have just added the lines to my Sarge sources.list and I find them quite
compatible and `orthodox'.

I don't know why the new packages are not incorporated to mainstream
Debian (I suspect the decision makers are politicians, which presents
us with a different barrier) but they ARE Debian (if non-free and
contrib are Debian ;-) ).

--
jr <juanrafael.fernandez at hispalinux.es>
# gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 0D709914