Re: [debian-edu] Debian-Edu in Malaysia?

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 09:08:48AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> according to
>
>     http://star-techcentral.com/tech/story.asp?file=/2004/7/16/technology/8461653&sec=technology
>

>    "20% of school computer labs to have OSS applications such as productivity
>     suites installed."
>
> Does Debian-Edu have a basis in Malaysia?

I'm not sure if it's related, but I heard that "Knoppix for Kids"
(which in turn is Debian-based) was picked up at LWE 2003 in SF,
tweaked a little, and then deployed to something like 15,000 computers
in Malaysia!

Harry McGregor from OSEF apparently spoke with him at LWE this year and last,
and was told about it this year (like, last week :^) )

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com            "Avoid missing ball for high score"
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/
New Breed Software